If you would like to submit a recipe for me to try (and post about!) please email it to me at rachelsrainbow@live.com

Friday, November 13, 2009

Baked Chicken with Dried Beef and Bacon

I had this at a friend's house as her "company meal". And as the way of most "company meals" it got my compliments and request for the recipe. So I thought I would share it with the rest of you...

8 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of sour cream
4 oz jar dried beef
8 slices of bacon
Place 2 slices beef on each chicken breast. Wrap bacon around the meat to hold it together. Mix mushroom soup and sour cream together well and pour over chicken spreading evenly. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 300 degrees for 2.5 hours. (I don't think it hurts it to cook at a higher temp like 350 or 375 to cut back on some of the time.) Also note that this chicken is somewhat tinted pink from the bacon, so don't freak out about it being pink, make sure it is cooked all the way through however.
Taste Rating: 3.5
Difficulty Rating: 3 (not really hard to do, but timely on the cooking)
Great served with rice! Also another variation of this that I tried was instead of using dried beef I used a thin slice of deli ham, actually I prefer the ham over the dried beef, but that is just me, let me know what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment